Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Red Ink

The whiteboard markers that we use in our school are refillable.  When they start to run dry, you just twist the top off and fill them up with ink, rather than throwing them away and buying new ones.  Today I was using one of these markers in my class.  Apparently the marker had been filled up a little too much or something because when I pulled the lid off, red ink came dripping out all over my hand.  Neither I nor my students noticed at first.  Then, just a few seconds later, my eye started to itch, so I reached up and rubbed my eye, unknowingly smearing red ink on my face.  A few students let out gasps and screams, but I didn't know why.  Then I started to smell chemicals and I felt like I had gasses in my eye.  (That seems like a weird way to put it, but that was the first thing that came to my mind.)  I automatically started wiping my eye and that's when one of my students yelled, "Miss Lindsay!  Your hand!"  I looked down to see red ink all over my hand and then realized that I had spread it all over my face.  Of course, at this point I started laughing my head off!  It just really cracked me up to think about how freaky that would be for my students to look up and see what looked like blood dripping out of their teacher's eye.  Once my kids realized that it wasn't blood, they started laughing, too.  My favorite comment came frome Leo who said, "Miss Lindsay!  Who eat-a you?"

2 comments:

  1. haha! I'm glad you didn't get it in your eye. that could have been bad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHA!!!! This is one of the BEST stories I have ever heard... I can just picture your students... It's like something taken out of a movie. :)

    ReplyDelete